Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

99 Blazer: I just rebuilt the motor completly and now I am stuck

Customer Question

99 Blazer it starts and shuts off right away. I already tried the 10 minute on 5 second off 10 minute on 5 seconds off 10 minute on 5 second off and still nothing. I just rebuilt the motor completly and now I am stuck. The security light stays on all the time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

hi

try this

30 Minute Re-Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will

still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already tried that I have a viper auto start that I think is causing me problems.

ok

sense you have an after market alarm,,i will opt out,,and let one of the other guys help you

thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I fixed the problem it was the TBC fuse. Thanks

great..glad you got it...sorry i could not have been of more help

thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I fixed it already it was the TBC fuse. Thanks

great,,,glad you got it going

thanks