Mr GOODWRENCH, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MASTER ASE TECH, 10+ yrs GM experience

O2..duramax is showing a low engine oil level the oil

o2 duramax is showing a low engine oil level the oil is not low dont care if this sensor ever works just tired of light how do i get rid of it or fix the problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mr GOODWRENCH replied 6 years ago.
Hello I will be helping you with Silverado. There is an oil level sensor located in the oil pan. You will need to drain and remove the oil pan to replace this sensor. Unplugging the sensor will not work, but you can take a jumper wire and place one end to a good ground and then take the other end and connect it to the Brown wire in the connector. May even be able to jumper both wires together with a paper clip to complete the circuit. Any more questions feel free to ask
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the info i thought the circuit would be normally closed so i tried closing the circuit with a jumper wire and it didnt change so i will try grounding the brown wire do you have a part number on the sensor thanks again
No sir I don't sorry. No problem glad to help