Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

how much do you estimate it would cost to replace the catalytic

Customer Question

how much do you estimate it would cost to replace the catalytic converter on a 2001 chevy tracker?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

At the dealer with OEM parts it would be around $800. You could probably get it done at a muffler shop for around $3-400. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

MOTOR Labor
Skill Level(Factory Time)MOTOR Time
CATALYTIC CONVERTER, R&R
Tracker
2.5L C(0.4)0.8
MOTOR Parts
Mfg. Part No.Price (MSRP) *
CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Tracker
2.5L 30026879$ 660.33

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response. I had one more thought ... is the catalytic converter seperate from the exhaust system or is it possible that the entire exhaust could need replaced? the car isn't inspected right now and i'd rather not run it to the garage to find out about all this so i appreciate your help.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
It is part of the exhaust system, but the exhaust wouldnt need to be replaced as a whole unless there was some major problems. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.