jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE .AUTO TECH FOR THIRTY-FIVE YRS,ELCTRICAL,FUEL INJECTION ETC.
8668911

1995 S10 Blazer: brake lights and turn signals both out..fusible link

Customer Question

1995 S10 Blazer - brake lights and turn signals both out at same time - fusible link? and which one is it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 4 years ago.
hi, do the turn signals work or at least light up but do not blink in the front of the vehicle,and does the third brake light work?do the 4 way(hazzard lights) work?...guy..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO THIRD BRAKELIGHT - NO HAZARD FLASHERS, NOTHING LIGHTS UP WITH TURN SIGNAL
is there battery voltage going into the brake light switch (orange wire)also is there bat voltage coming out of the switch (white wire)with the brake pressed on?...guy...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES TO BOTH

ok, here are some diagrams ,I dont think that it will be a fusible link ,if you have battery voltage going through the 15 amp turn signal fuse and voltage going through the 15 amp stop/hazzard fuse the circuit is gettin voltage ,also through the brake switch ,all this goes through the turn signal switch check for voltage(white wire going into the turn signal switch,check for voltage into the switch at the purple wire when either the left or right turn signal is on ,check for voltage on the brown wire with the hazzard on ,if these are present then check for voltage out at the turn signal switch ,yellow wire (left rear turn signal voltage)dk green (right rear turn signal voltage)with the turn signal on ,white at the thrid brake light should be hot with the brake on ,this has more than likely voltage and the light may have been out,this runs independent of the turn signal switch ,check for voltage out of the turn signal switch for the left front (lt blue )and for voltage dk blue right front turn signal ,when testing for voltage on the turn signal wires turn the switch to whatever side you are testing (left front turn lt blue and left rear yellow etc.,I would think the turn signal switch is bad (multi-function switch)

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay - work intervenes, the wire colors you described do not match however the terminals are numbered - can you tell me which numbers coincide with your color codes?

check these flow charts for the no turn signals and for the no brake lights,the charts both point to the multifunction switch(turn signal switch)but go through these ,I dont not have a connector view for the multifunction switch ,.if you ars still having problems let me know the color of the wires in the connector to the turn signal switch ...guy..

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

The hazard lamps flasher is located on the convenience center behind the center of the instrument panel.