GMWrencher, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  100% GM Certified ASE Master Automobile Medium/Heavy Truck. Licensed State Auto Inspector

Chevy impala: clicking noise..the glove box and fan motor assembly

i have a2007 chevy impala ,if i'm running the A.C. and i turn the car off there is a clicking noise under the dash, it lasts for approximately two minutes then stops.i've removed the glove box and fan motor assembly and found no obstruction.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMWrencher replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I will do my best to help answer your General Motors Vehicle questions.

The noise you hear is most like one of your HVAC actuators resetting back to its rest or nominal position. The clicking you hear is generally heard when one of the actuators begins to go bad and the gears begin to strip. You must find which one makes the noise and replace as required. Once it is replaced you must disconnect your battery for 30 minutes minimum and allow the system to relearn the positions of the doors. It is important during the relearn do not disturb any controls inside the car for 5 minutes.