TravessE, Technician
Experience:  12 years experience w/ Domestic and Asian vehicles, Emissions certified, A/C certified

chevy: FUEL PUMP..z71..shuts down..replaced maf, fuel filter.

Customer Question

FUEL PUMP? 00 chevy z71 5.3L vortec. starts for 2-5 seconds and shuts down. replaced MAF, fuel filter. Still no luck. trying to reset password XXXXX now like a guy told me to do but my security light isnt even on just my battery light. My pump pressure is at 50 PSI. Any help?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TravessE replied 6 years ago.

The fuel pressure specification for this vehicle is 55-62 psi. The pump is on the weak side of the spectrum so it is a place to start. The pressure is under the specification.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so just go ahead and replace it? recomendation for kind? and I have a full tank of gas but if I can take off by bed can i access it from the top?