Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

do g force chips work

Customer Question

do g force chips work?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jordynsdaddy replied 6 years ago.
Over the years all kinds of different chips have been offered for all makes of cars/trucks. I have talked to people who say they got SOME horsepower, and i've talked to some that say they wasted there money. The Gforce advertises up to 60HP?? HMMM. To me if it were that simple. Then why would anyone go waste money on intakes, heads, cams, etc. 60HP to a motor is actually alot. I'd be surprised if it gave more than 5hp. It supposedly remaps your PCM to change factory settings, allowing more air/fuel. My personal opinion is thats alot of technoligy they are offering for only $70. Why are there prices down from $300, to $70? Its a gamble, but me personally. I'd save up and spend it more wisely on something i KNOW is gonna add some extra ponys.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what you have given me is opinion,i am looking for a more researched answer.
try it and find out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 years ago.
your car does not have a changeable chip in have 2 choices either send out your existing computer for the upgraded performance programs or buy a hand held as for 99% of any performance chip/computer reprogramer or reprograming yes they do make a big difference in most any car.once you can add more fuel and start advancing the timing more you will get more horsepower.most of my friends have had great success with sending out there existing computer and have it performance upgraded or used the hand help plug in father uses the predator hand held on his vette and it was dynoed with 40 to 50 more HP
as for the G-force chip ive heard of them and most who used them used them in pre 1995 cars where the chips were for 1996 and up its all programing or hand help programers.
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech