Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2002 chevy trailblazer LT: my rpm are good

Hello we have a 2002 chey trailblazer LT model. I came out of the store tonight and started the truck and it started to putt. my rpm are good. I started to drive it and the check engine light came on flashing for a few mins and then went solid. It then disapeared. It putted all the way home and I noticed this sulfur smell. my check engine light came back on and stayed on..and sometimes it flashes.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The problem is most likely a misfire in one of the cylinders. It will likely be a bad ignition coil or spark plug that is the problem. You can have the codes scanned at Auto Zone. If it is a misfire, you will have a code like P0301 if it is cylinder #1, P0302 if it is cylinder #2, etc.