Car Whisperer
Car Whisperer, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  8 years professional experience,shop lead for 4 years, electrical diagnostic and mech specialist
4925862

chevy silverado will not turn over. lights are on bright.

chevy silverado will not turn over. lights are on bright. when the key is turned to start nothing happens. to try to fix the problem the starter and neutral switch have been replaced. Still nothing.
You can attempt to start the vehicle by bypassing the ignition switch. You can use a tool with a button to connect the solenoid terminal and the B+ starter terminal with the ignition on and see if the motor at least cranks. You can eliminate most problems by checking this. Not that I would recommend anyone do this, but a screwdriver can carefully be connected across these terminals on the starter making sure not to touch anything else. The tool that does this makes it much safer. If the motor cranks at least, you have a wiring problem, or more likely, a bad ignition switch. Let me know how it goes and we'll figure it out from there. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you I will try that and if it works i appreciate it very much. Have a great morning and a good weekend.