BOBBYSS, Master Technician

my chevy cobalt radio and on star system stopped working, the

my chevy cobalt radio and on star system stopped working, the radio still comes on and functions but I get no volume at all, what may cause this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
Hello JACUSTOMER, this is typically a problem with the radio amplifier. The amp may be bad or there may not be power to it. Start by checking the AMP fuse in the BCM fuse box. This is located on the passenger side of the center console.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Inside that fuse panel there is a fuse labeled radio (10A) and amp (20A), both I checked and they were good. Would this be the only fuse on the system?
Also, the car has a subwoofer factory installed in the trunk, would the amp be located there or somewhere else?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 years ago.
The fuse labeled amp is the one. Also check for power at this fuse with a volt meter. If there is power then the amp may be the problem. It is located under tha dash next to the steering column as shown.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if it is the amp, is this a part that I can replace or will I have to disassemble the entire dash or something like that to get it out. Is this a repair job best left to the dealership?