Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

I have a 2001 Tahoe. The service ride control light comes

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Tahoe. The "service ride control light comes on. It use to come on then go out. Now it stays on most of the time but will go out and then come on again while driving. The compressor still works but take longer to pump up when I have a load on the rear.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
Unfortunately, the only way to know what is causing the service ride control light to come on, is to have it diagnosed with a scan tool. Without knowing trouble code # XXXXX can only guess about the reason.
These compressor are well known to fail, especially their vent solenoids. It is possible that your compressor is weak or there is leakage somewhere, but I wouldn't replace it by guesswork.
If you tell me the code #, I will be able to give you more information to check.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try to get the code, but whoever reads the code will more than likely want to fix it and get paid for it. So I would say you have been of no help to me. Sorry
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry but any computer controlled system has to be diagnosed at first. It is not a guessing game and I am not a clairvoyant to know what is wrong whithout knowing the trouble code#, I do not want you to throw parts by guesswork.