BigBlock434
BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields
10665789

I need to replace a heater hose coupling on a 1999 Chevy Malibu

I need to replace a heater hose coupling on a 1999 Chevy Malibu LS 3.1 J. I thought the rubber heater hose was leaking. Replaced the heater hose turned out the coulping from the hard pipe is cracked. I don't know to Replace this coulping.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
is this the one that screws into the rear of the intake by the thermostat
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. It's a hard pipe about 16" long . with the coupling on the other end. The coulping connects to the 5/8 rubber hose . The rubber hose connects to the heater core.
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
sorry the computer that im on at this time has the wrong info on it i can send you to another expert or get back to you in the am your choice i will wait to here from you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to order the coulping tonight. Send me to another expert. Thank You.

Expert:  BigBlock434 replied 4 years ago.
Object Number: 292740  Size: SH
Is this what you are trying to replace(# XXXXX)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes ,Number 3.
Heater Hoses Replacement (3.1L)

Inspect the installation of all of the heater hose routing in order to avoid contact with any obstruction that may result in a damaged hose. Some hoses are equipped with conduit in areas where rubbing may occur. When replacing a hose, ensure that the following components are in the same location as the original components:

The conduit
The heat sleeving

Removal Procedure

1. Drain the engine coolant. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling in Engine Cooling.

2. Object Number: 292740  Size: SH
    Click here for  detailed picture of above image.
  3. Squeeze the tabs on the quick-connect (3) in order to disconnect the heater hose (1) from the heater pipe.
  4. Disconnect the heater hoses (1) from the heater core.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 292740  Size: SH
  1. Connect the heater hoses (1) to the heater core.
  2. Connect the heater hose (1) to the heater pipe quick-connect (3).
  3. Pull on the hose (1) in order to verify the connection.

4. Fill the engine coolant. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling in Engine Cooling.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to replace the number 3 coulping. I don't know how to remove or install new coulping. I already replaced heater hoses number 1 and 2.
In order to remove the coupler you just squeeze the two tabs(white in color) and remove the coupler.
BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields