ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

1998 Chevy Suburban 1500: 2wd..reprogrammed..started fine..runs good

I just changed my ECM in my 1998 Chevy Suburban 1500 2wd with a 5.7 Engine. This was a used ECM I bought online that was reprogrammed to my VIN#. After replacing the ECM I completed the 30 minute Passlock relearn procedure and then my suburban started fine and runs good. I just have one issue now. I have a P1336 coming up and even after I erase the code it comes right back. From looking through my Chevy manual I understand there is a crankshaft position sensor learning procedure that needs to happen now. Do I need the dealer to do this procedure or is it simple enough for me to do with your help?

Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
You will need to take it to a shop to have the crankshaft variation relearn done, a Tech II scan tool is needed to do this.