GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2004 Chevy Venture- lost power windows, rear power vent windows,

2004 Chevy Venture- lost power windows, rear power vent windows, interior lights (not instrument panel), and power locks simultaneously. What is the likely cause?

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

Does the remote entry still work?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, the remote does not work. The power door works, but I did not check if the remote works for it.

OK, the common like for these is the Body Control Module. This is under the passengers side of the dash. It could be wiring, grounds, a fuse or the module itself.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is the first time I've used this site. Can I get diagrams? Is there a fuse other than in the fuse panels? What do you recomment I try first?

The first thing is the fuses and a good visual inspection.

This is under the right side of the dash.

Object Number: 440103  Size: SH

At the top of the schematic are all the fuses for the BCM.

Object Number: 685531  Size: FS

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you describe more clearly where to find the bcm? If I have further questions later, how does that work? Do I ask a separate question and pay separately?
Under the right side of the dash is a panel to keep it quiet, take that off and up under there is this module. Follow up questions can be asked here, new questions need to be on anew question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more question for now. A mechanic friend of mine suggested the RAP relay. Is that a likely cause? If so, where is it located?

THe RAP would not control the door locks, that is for the windows. IT is located beside the BCM. Just be sure to check ALL the fuses. WIth the computers, it is hard to know if one that may not seem like it should do it, actually causes it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Whew! That's a $125+ part as I was afraid it would be. Is there a way to make sure that's what it is? A way to test it? Should I go for it if there are no obvious visual wiring and fuse problems, etc. and hope it's the problem?

Using a scan tool to communicate with it is one way. And 125 is cheap for a module. It will need to be reprogrammed too.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hm, reprogrammed? Are you suggesting that I will need to have this done by a GM dealer? Is this a do-it-yourself reprogramming?

Not a DO IT YOURSELF programming, sorry.