John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician

2006 Chevy Uplander - Left sliding door has been disconnected

2006 Chevy Uplander - Left sliding door has been disconnected by Chevy dealer because it would not close all the way. Now the door chime still rings when the door is closed and will not stop. Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the door chime? Any other way to disable the door chime?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

This system is computer controlled & works within a network in your vehicle .The power fuse to this is TRUNK/LKS /FUSE 1 /15 AMP in the instrument panel fuse block.This is connected to the BCM (computer) & affects many other circuits also.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can try pulling fuse 1, but what other systems will it interrupt? Also, prior to checking your answer, I pulled fuse 24 for the Left Power Sliding Door, restarted the engine and it did not fix the problem. However, when I reinstalled fuse 24 and restarted the engine, the door chimes stopped and the door began to open and close normally. Might that have reset the door? Is that a logical solution and will it last? Thanks for your help! Judging from some of the other sites I have looked at, this appears to be a fairly common problem with the Uplander. Is that correct? Any recalls for it?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
This is a common problem ever since the power sliding door was introduced.You did reset the door control & it should work until the failure happens again.I would leave the door closed until you are ready to have it repaired.There are not any recalls at this time for this particular problem.