Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

DTC p0059 in my 06 chevy express van and its not the fuse.

DTC p0059 in my 06 chevy express van and it's not the fuse. Im not good at electrical problems. Have any of you had this? And is it a complex fix?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
If the O2 sensor A fuse is good, test for power at the passenger side primary O2 sensor pink wire. This is the sensor before the catalytic converter.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is only one fuse in the 02 sensor circuit. Wouldn't all of the 02 sensors be effected if there was some sort of short in the circuit? And wouldn"t power to the heaters also be effected on all of them?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The schematics show two fuses, A and B. One powers the front O2 sensors, the other powers the post-cat O2 sensors. If the fuse were bad, it would affect more than one sensor. If the problem is past the splice in the circuit, it can affect just one sensor. That's why you should check for power at that sensor.