Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

Where is the EGR valve located on a 2003 Chevy Express 2500,

Where is the EGR valve located on a 2003 Chevy Express 2500, 6.0ltr, and the part number
Hello JACUSTOMER-h43jiirx-,

Are you sure here is an EGR Valve on this van? Very few of these vans come equipped with an EGR Valve. If there is an EGR valve, it would be on the front of the Cylinder head on the right side of the engine.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I bought the EGR valve from Autozone, but I sure can't find it on the motor so I azm thinking it doesn't have one. The problem I have is that I can drive for various lengths of time each day then the engine begins bogging out and backfiring. If I try to floor the accelerator even when I first start it in the morning I also have 0 power.
If the EGR is not where the picture is showing, it does not have one. I don't ever recall seeing a EGR on a 03 Van. Maybe over in California.

As far as the issue your having with the accerlation problem, Either a fuel pump (low fuel pressure) Mass air flow sensor or a clogged exhaust converter.

You will need to do a fuel pressure test to check if the fuel pump is the issue. A Fuel pressure guage can be bought at a auto part store or a Harbor Freight store sell a basic one for less than $20.
You can unplug the mass air flow sensor and drive it with it unpluged, The computer will use other sensors to calculate the fuel pressure. The check engine light will come on but you can get an auto part store to clear it for free or disconnect the battery. If it runs ok with the mass air flow sensor unpluged, the sensor is bad.
You will need a back pressure guage to test the exhaust converters to see fit has backpressue from them. Not as common as the first 2, but worth keeping in mind.
An oxygen sensor could be leaning it out or richening it up, but it would set a code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I had the 2 upline O2 sensors replaced a month ago, and the mechanic tried a MAF sensor last week and it didn't change anything. He did, however, check the fuel pressure and it was a little low. He said it should be 55lb and it was 51. Could that little bit be the problem?

Did he check it when it was acting up?

Have you replaced the fuel filter lately?

Any codes set in computer?

Edited by Dan on 5/30/2010 at 9:39 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dan, I figured out the problem, but I am paying you anyway for your time. I replaced the fuel filter 2 days ago, and had the same problem. As I was reassembling the front of the engine after looking for the nonexistent EGR valve, there I stood with air filter in hand and thought.... hmm, may as well try it with the filter out. Zoooooooom.... like a top.
Clogged air filter gets us all the time.
I had one i put a converter in for a plastic bag over the air cleaner. Surprised
Thanks for letting me know.