Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

My hazard lights work except when I apply my brakes..release

My hazard lights work except when I apply my brakes. Once my brakes are applied the
hazard lights stop flashing. As soon as I release my brakes they start flashing again.
What could this be?
Also, while I'm driving I notice a click sound randomly occuring. I will notice the lights on the stereo dim and go back to normal that accompanied by a clicking sound. What could that be?

I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
It is normal for the hazard flashers to stop flashing when the brakes are applied. This is because the brake and flashers use the same bulbs so the power from the brake circuit overrides the flasher. The radio dimming and the click noise is from the automatic headlights coming on. Make sure there is nothing covering the light sensor in the top of the dash.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so those two things that I'm noticing is normal for my truck. Thanks. Also, who can I ask or talk to about purchasing a truck for their pro's and cons? I'm looking to buy a different truck but would like to discuss what I would like in a truck and get a good match for my requests. Example: Say I wanted a good service truck. I drive around 100 miles a day. Start and stop my engine alot and looking for great gas mileage with easier maintenance that I can perform instead of always taking it to a mechanic for spark plugs change,oil etc.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

A great source for researching vehicles before purchase is This is a very comprehensive testing organization and has unbiased information on new and used vehicles.