Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

94 Camaro My power window on the drivers side is stuck in the

94 Camaro My power window on the drivers side is stuck in the express down position. Where is the express down moduel located so I can have it replaced?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
What is actually happening with the window?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I unplug the drivers side motor the passenger side works fine. As soon as I plug in the drivers side motor it runs constantly. If I remove the drivers side switch nothing works. with the swith in and the drivers side motor hooked up the passengerside doesn't work.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok sounds like the driver side motor is bad .When it runs constantly does the drivers window operate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I switched the motor with the passenger side. Both motors work on the passenger side correctly. They both run continuosly on the drivers side. It doesn't make any difference if I bypass the switch. It act like there is a relay stuck in the open postion and sending continous power to the drivers side motor on the down side command.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
See if this diagram helps .The relay is located under the glovebox, near the tranny tunnel opposite the BCM.

clickhere

Let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is a bcm
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Body control module.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does that look like
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Looks like this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you access it . Ido not see the bcm. the only thing under or near the glove box is a silver box that looks like it has something to do with the air bags. Do I have to remove the dash or center console to see it.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Actually its showing its in the drivers door in my other diagram is the door panel still off?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. do you have a picture of the express down module.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Cant find a good picture

4 wire connector is going to express down module but the other thing may be the RAP (retained accessory power) module. been awhile since I've seen one. It sits on the firewall towards the driver side over the tranny hump.This is where I thought it was still trying to find a good picture for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found it. It is on the drivers side right above the gas pedal on the firewall.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok excellent its been awhile thats where I thought it was .Hopefully this takes care of the issue it should.If not just add to the question and I will continue to work with you .Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Qualified to repair all makes and models.