JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

Where can I find the body control module on a 2000 malibu

Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing

It is under the passenger side dash.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A mechanic told me that the 2000 malibu doesn't have a turn signal flasher but it works off of the body control module, then a parts salesman told me that it does have the turn signal flasher. I am confused and not sure which one to believe. Does it have the flasher and where, under the dash, is it located?
The turn signal flasher is incorporated into the hazard switch.
I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand that the turn signal and emergency lights work on the same flasher. What I want to know is where, under the dash, is the flasher located. If you can, please send a diagram. Thank you.
The turn signal flasher is incorporated into the hazard switch. The switch you press for the hazard lights has the flasher built in.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does SIR stand for or mean?
Air bag system. If you are not probing wires, no need to disable that system.