Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

need a wiring diagram for a 1992 chevy 1500 pickup....truck

need a wiring diagram for a 1992 chevy 1500 pickup....truck stopped running on me yesterday. when I tried to restart it got nothing. no guage indications, no power to the windows, cannot lock it with the power door locks, headlights work and interior lights come on when I have the door open. fuses are all good. there is no power to the ignition circuit breaker in the fuse box. battery has power when i connect my continuity tester power the plus side and ground it to the truck....I have no clue where to look for a broken wire
see if this will help you its the best i have
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any sugestions on where to look for a loose or broken wire?.....
looking at the pictures i sent you you need to check and see if any of the fusible links are broken internally.check the ones that are coming off the battery junction mounted to the fire wall.pull on then one at a time and see if any just stretch apart like string cheese usually means the internal fusible link wire had broken inside its casing and needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, i had done that and that was the cure. thank you very much
any time im glad your back on the road
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the help a couple weeks ago and it was really helpful
anytime