Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician
12642649

I need ac/heat mech for astro 1997... diagram for routing ac

Customer Question

I need ac/heat mech for astro 1997... diagram for routing ac vacuum hoses anyone there?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Hello Customer,

DO you have a issue with the air blowing out the wrong vents? and have no vacuum to the inside?
Do you need the vacuum diagram from the engine to the inside?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
another mech pulled all the ac/heat vacuum lines off and now I cant figure out how to reconnect them without a diagram or someone to explain where the main vacuum line connects and how to route them back to vacuum resevior
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Here is a couple of pictures . Let me know if this helps. The color picture is where the line connects to the engine and the black and white picture, the line that runs behind the alternator that normally breaks is labeled.
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this for a 1997 astro van 4.3 L engine.. I need a diagram of the vacuum line that shows the entire routing of the hoses all the way down to the vacuum resevior ball.. the hoses are disconnected from the vacuum reserior.where does the main vacuum line connect... to and from? name the part to connect the hoses to for the main vacuum line. and where is a complete diagram of vacuum hoses for the ac and heater? If I recall correctly at least 3 of the lines connect together and connect the the vacuum reservior behind the passanger head line. how is this done. I need specific answers to get this done by myself
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
These are the pictures That I have, I'll opt out so other experts can chime in if they have any more.

Edited by Dan on 5/7/2010 at 9:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need an accurate answer for the guestion of how to route an ac/heater vacuum lines for an astro van 1997 4.3 L engine. I need a complete diagram with names of parts to connect lines to and from.