David, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 years Chevy Tech

2000 chevy: s-10 vents continue to blow out the dash vents..defrost

my 2000 chevy s-10 vents continue to blow out the dash vents even when I switch to other settings such as defrost and floor. What could my problem be?

These models were known for the vacuum switches on the transfer case going bad and allowing fluid to get sucked up to the control head. I would pull the control head out and ck my vacuum source line. make sure you have good vacuum and there is no red fluid in any of the lines. If all that checks good follow your lines to the mode door and see if you have vacuum there If you do you have to check the mode door itself to make sure it can move and its not broken. I hope this help you out let me know if you need any more info

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
David, where are the vacuum switches on the transfer case located? Also, where is the mode door located? Thanks, Mike