GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2001 duramax glow plug controler wiring diagram

Customer Question

2001 duramax glow plug controler wiring diagram? Just wire placement on the controler.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

I am attaching the wiring diagram you requested

click here to view the diagram

let me know if you need more help

thanks

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please the locaations of wires on the controler its self.. Thank you but I had this diagram.

I have no pin out available of the connector maybe someone else can help

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I also was un able to find this I was hoping that one of you had done this and remembered the posistions or identifiers on the controler its self. Thank y ou for your attempt.

Kathy

Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

I can help you. First I need to know if you have federal emissions or california emissions?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Federal Emissions..

Below is the GM diagram. Of the studs, the rear most is the one that goes to the glow plugs, the one in the middle is the one for the intake heater and the front one off a bit is the power in. Is this what you are after?

Object Number: 743064  Size: FS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I already have this Diagram though it does not answer my question, i give up for tonight, no resolve to my problem.

Thank you for your help.

Kathy

OK, do you want the connector view?

Glow Plug/Intake Heater Relay Assembly

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: CH
Click here for detailed picture of above image.

Connector Part Information

FW-C-4F-B
4-Way F (BLK)

Pin

Wire Color

Circuit No.

Function

A

YEL

505

Glow Plug Relay Control

B

PNK/YEL

--

Ground

C

PPL

985

IA Heater Relay Control

D

PNK

539

Ignition Voltage

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Glow plug controler , location top driverside of engine mounts on or near turbo. has stud posts to conect wires to not a conector plug. (2 Blue wires one is blue with white tracer)

OK there is a plug on top, but yes the power in and the power out is for the glow plugs and the intake heater. As I mentioned, the rear most stud goes to the glow plugs with the light blue. It goes straight down to the rear most glow plug first.

The stud forward of that is the other fuse link.

THese show the glow plugs.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

The rubber covered one to the left of it is the intake heater.

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.