Scott
Scott, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Master Tech, ASE Master tech- automotive

How to replace tob blend door actuator on 2003 silverado HD

how to replace tob blend door actuator on 2003 silverado HD
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
Are you refering to the passenger temp door actuator?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

air on my ac system blows out only through the defrost vent. 2003 silverado has a

\

a top and bottom door blend actuator. I believe the top on is bad.

Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
If it only blows out the defrost, you need to replace the mode actuator. It is located on the left side of the hvac case near the gas pedal. It is held on with two 5.5mm screws. The top and bottom actuators only control tempature.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know what you are talking about, but the air that is coming out of the defrost is hot on

the passenger side but not on the drivers side. will changing the mode actuator solve

this problem as well.

Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
Okay I misunderstood what you were saying. If you move the temperature controls for each side, which side will not change the passenger or drivers side?Does the drivers side stay cold no matter where the setting is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I move the temperature controls i do not get a change from either one. Air is

always blowing out the defrost and the drivers side stays cold no matter where the

temp setting is and the passenger side stays hot. I also have checked all the fuses

on ac system and all ok. This happened when I changed the battery out on my

truck .

Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
I want you to try something to see if this changes anything. The drivers temp actuator is located on the bottom of the hvac case just above the rh side of the trans tunnel. Unplug it and see if the passenger temp and mode position starts working correctly. let me know what you find
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already tried that and it made no change. I also disconnected the mode

actuator and it made no change as well.

Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
THe only way to access the passenger temp actuator is to remove the dash. It is located on the top of the hvac case in the middle of the dash area. You can remove the upper dash panel, but the defrost and vent ducts will be in the way of getting to it.
Scott, Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Master Tech, ASE Master tech- automotive