Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

I recently replaced intake manifold gasket on 97 chevy silverado

Customer Question

I recently replaced intake manifold gasket on 97' chevy silverado Z-71. After starting the engine it had a rough idle . I thought I marked the distributer gear correctly before I removed it could this be my problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

does the engine light come on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

After I started the engine I noticed the service engine light flashing a steady on off flash.

I don't have a scanner so I can't tell you the codes.

you need to scan it..i would think you may have a 1345 code...if you don't have a way of scanning it,,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the code for free

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

you need to take out the #1 plug,,,hold your finger on the plug hole...have your help to bump the starter till you feel air[compression]start to come out of the hole....then hand turn the engine until the mark on the harmonic balancer is on [o] you have the #1 piston up on the compression,install the distributer to where the rotor is pointing to the #1 plug wire it is in time

Number 1 Cylinder Location
Firing Order