Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service manager of Firestone

1996 Chevy S10 blower motor was not working. Ive installed

Customer Question

<p>1996 Chevy S10 blower motor was not working. I've installed new blower motor. Good air flow but only to foot vents. When selector is set to blow through dashboard vents, air still comes through floor vents only. I can get some air flow through windshield vents when selector is set to defrost, but also get air flow through floor vents. <br /><br />Nevermind, I'm going to check vacuum lines, wiring, and grounding points. </p><p>Found the culprit vacuum line. Replaced it. All working as it should now.</p>
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
This problem is common when a vacuum line is broken. Check the vacuum lines firrst and let me know if you see a problem.
1. Idle the engine. Verify there is manifold vacuum on the black vacuum hose to the vacuum solenoid actuator module located behind the ash tray.

2. Verify the wiring from the control head to the actuator module is OK.

3. Verify there is power to the actuator module on the Brown wire.

4. Manually ground the control wires at the actuator module, look for vacuum to pass to the vacuum motors.

5. If the vacuum motors are not being actuated correctly, replace the vacuum solenoid actuator module.

Edited by Tim West on 5/2/2010 at 3:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tim, I edited my question and indicated that I have already found and repaired the vacuum leak yesterday. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
I was curious, where was the line damaged?