jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician

How do you replace an ignition switch on a 92 chevy s10 pu.?

how do you replace an ignition switch on a 92 chevy s10 pu.?
hi ,do you mean the key cylinder or the ignition switch ?...guy..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
key cylinder
ok , I would love to give you the diagrams to do this job but the site has a problem with posting them ,it should be fixed by friday I am told ,so what you have to do is remove the steering wheel ,under that will be a round type plate ,that has to be pressed down to remove the circle clip that holds that in ,there is a tool for that available at autozone ,napa etc.,once that is removed then pull the plate off and underneath will be the turn signal switch,the turn signal switch lever is held in by a screw ,take that screw ot and remove the lever bracket ,just remember where the parts were and in what order you took them out,then there will be 3 screws that hold the turn signal switch in place remove these and gently pull the switch out of the way,you might have to unclip the wiring harness off of the steering column to have a little more room to pull up the switch, under that will be a screw near where the lock cylinder goes into the column ,pull that screw out and turn the switch to the on position and then pull out the lock cylinder ,slide the new cylinder in and install in the reverse instructions ...guy..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok I'm a novice. So I got the bolt off the steering wheel, how do I get it off?
sometimes it comes off with a tug or rocking it a little while pulling it-with the nut or bolt loose,but most times you need a steering wheel puller,you can rent on of these at autozone ,if you buy the part there(lock cylinder)they charge you for the puller but you get it all back when you return it ,I have these tools but I do this everyday so buying them was worth it to me but for someone who does not do this everyday the cost for tools adds up,do not tug too much as this might becd the steering wheel ,also you can put the nut or bolt on a little loose and tap on that while someone else pulls up on the steering wheel ..guy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you sir.
you are very much welcome..guy