Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

1997 Chevy Silverado 2500: v8..runs rough..the lower rpms

Hi; I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 2500 With the big v8. it seems that , as i am told , i have a fuel injection problem. We just did a valve job on the motor and it runs rough especially in the lower rpm's. i am told that the #2 cylinder is not getting enough fuel and that is causing the problem. i can understand that if it is not getting the correct fuel and then maybe the cylinder is not firing then it is causing a rough running situation. in, addition, i am told that the injector spyder,which is new, is defective .the motor has about 53000 miles on it.
my question is can the injector cause this problem? and who would provide the best replacement part for this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Ok has a cylinder leak down test been done to make sure its not a valve issue on #2 cylinder?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not specifically a leak down test. But, a compression test was done on all cylinders and as i mentioned earlier a complete valve job was done and the motor has only 2-300 miles on it since that job.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
OK I wold do the cylinder leak down test to make sure that valve is seated properly first.Then if there is still an issue it can be fuel related but not as common.I have seen defective spider njectors out of the cbox but not many.I would do the cylinder leak down test first to make sure the vale is seated correctly and if it is then move on to the injector.Best replacement would be at the dealer.Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you;

I will have the test done

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Anytime if you ever need anything else please let me know.