Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

2000 Chevrolet S10: pickup..heater/AC fan motor will blow..airflow

My 2000 Chevrolet S10 pickup (with 44000 miles), heater/AC fan motor will blow only in the MAX position. There is no airflow in any of the regular fan speed positions. What is the fix??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Do you have power coming out of the resistor in any speed besides high?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know. I don't have a way to check voltage output. My son-in-law is an electrician and he can check it out. Can you give me options if there is and if there is not power coming out. Thanks for your help.
Sure. You should have power to the A, B and D in different blower positions. The terminal "C" goes through the relay to the blower motor. If there is power going into the resistor and not coming out, that would be the resistor. If there is no power to the resistor, that would most likely be the switch. If there is power to the relay, and not to the blower motor, then the problem is in the relay itself. Here is the diagram again, along with a test for that type of concern.