GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Drivers side door..It locks..wont unlock..drivers door

The driver's side door unlock won't work. It locks but won't unlock all the doors or the driver's door. I replaced a 10 amp fuse, even tho it was still good. No luck
what kind of Chevy is it? do all the lock buttons not unlock? does it have keyless entry?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a 2004 Chevy Suburban LT. It does have keyless entry and all the other locks work. The driver's side will lock, but will not unlock all the other doors from inside the car. The keyless works fine. As I said I changed the fuse, but no luck.

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

If the drivers door locks, and all the other doors unlock from the drivers door, then it sounds like a bad actuator that is not strong enough to unlock it. THe wiring is obviously good because it locks it. The actuator is on the latch assembly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The driver's side door lock does not unlock all the other doors. We have to use the keyless entry or reach across to the passenger door to unlock the other doors.
Oh, ok, that makes much more sense. SO the key-less will unlock all the doors then including the drivers and using the passengers switch will unlock them as well?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, then the problem is the drivers door switch. This is not just a simple switch, it is actually a module, the drivers door module. YOu will need to replace that to fix this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know what that would cost. I think it's too hard for me to replace, according to your directions on taking the panel off the door, etc.

The door panel is really easy to get off. Would you like to try yourself?

My parts system does not show a price, but a ballpark is about 250.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll think about it. I need to go and get a keyless programmed today, so maybe I'll ask them what they would charge to do the whole thing. I appreciate your input.

OK. let me know. I will reply even after you accept if you want the instructions.

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I'll let you know after I check with them.
Have a blessed day!