kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

92 chevy lumina: the torque specs for rocker arms and head bolts..V6

what are the torque specs for rocker arms and head bolts for a 92 chevy lumina car 3.1l V6
You need to coat the threads of the head bolts with a good sealer "like rtv black" and then the torque specs are 33 ft. lbs. the rocker nuts are 18 ft. lbs. DO you know what the sequence is? If not I can post the diagram for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes I guess I'll need the sequence diagram please

Here you go, hope this helps. You also need to go an aditianl 90 degrees for the torque on the head bolts.graphic

Do not forget to turn the head bolts an additional 90 degrees after you have torqued all head bolts to 33 ft lbs.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm assuming that with a V6 I disregrad 7 and 8?
No there are 8 head bolts for the v6.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes thank you , now I feel stupid. I will pay now Thanks again
Do not fell stupid, we all make mistakes when we are under the gun. Take your time and make sure to put the correct push rods in the correct holes. There are two different length push rods in this engine.