BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

2000 S10: Secondary Air..Injection System..Malfunction..the smog pump

I have a 2000 S10 Extreme. Got a code P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction. I found the short pre-formed hose coming from the smog pump is not connect. Where does it connect to?

You are talking about the short but big diameter hose that comes out the top of the pump?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes comes from the bottom of the pump
That hose is just an intake hose and does not connect to anything. There is a bulletin for your truck from GM you can read it here. Water is getting into that hose and causing the air pump to seize up. You may have to replace the air pump and hose. The bulletin has you reroute that hose with a new on so water will not get in. Let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ah...Seemed funny to me...But makes perfect sense. when i pulled the hose down alot of water came out..Thank you so much.

Scott Gustafson

Your welcome, thanks for using justanswer!!!!