GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1999 chevy: ignition switch..cyclinder

Customer Question

need to remove ignition switch from 1999 chevy silverado and key cyclinder is locked
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Have you tried taking a hammer and tapping the end of the key with a good tap and see if it then turns?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i even tried using a pair of channel locks to turn it if tried any harder i will brake somthing i gona have to remove the housing
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Ok let me see what I can post .If I do not have the proper instructions I will opt out and another expert will help you .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
never mind i see what i have to do. remove the steering wheel and there are to torques screws i will need to remove to get the cyclinder off i was hoping yall would send the step by step process, please refund my money.
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
We do it just takes some time to upload the correct information .Just be careful it sits on the column only one way if its installed incorrectly the steering lock wont work or the key .I will put you in for a refund if you would like.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i would like a refund not trying to be an asshole I just thought this was gonna give a more in depth manuel like like the big chilltens I have a haynes manuel it is just a little vague as the hole process.
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
No problem .I would have posted step by step with pictures .Not a big deal we need to keep the customer satisfied.I will put you n for a refund as should you contact customer service .Best of luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

how do i contact customer service and is that the only way i get a refund I'm not upset with yall im sure you could have stepped me threw the process however i was excpecting somthing differnt i did not need help troubleshooting i just needed a better manuel and i thought that what this site would quickly provide me by the time yall would have gotten it to me is pointless considering i already have the part off...and yes i spoke with man at the chevy and he gave me a print out on how to reinstall it correctly and test....but thanks for trying just not what i had in mind.

Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
No problem .I will put you in for a refund and usually you should also contact customer service .We are not in charge of the money part just the technical part.Best of luck to you in the future.