Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

My cd player keeps spitting out the cd..even attempt..radio works

My cd player keeps spitting out the cd and won't even attempt to play the cds. I have cleaned it and everything. The radio works most of the time. The time and station flashes on and off and sometimes it just goes black. I'm sure it is the original cd/radio in this 1996 Chevy Blazer. Is there anyway to fix it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
Although you could probably remove the radio/cd and send for repair, normally that costs more than a good aftermarket replacement radio. I normally tell people to go to Best Buy or another installer, pick a nice radio and have them install it. It usually ends up being cheaper than a repair and you get new features like iPod input and what not. Alternatively you can check eBay, there are a lot of reputable sellers for used radio units and they can be had fairly cheap.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So are you saying there is no way to repair the one I have? Or do you not know how? I know I can buy an aftermarket but I'm trying to keep it original.

Expert:  Ted G. replied 6 years ago.
9 times out of 10 they can be repaired, but it must be removed and sent to an electronics repair place. For most people the expense is to great to consider.