Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1992 gmc: a 350 v8 5.7..oil change..oil pressure..check engine light

hi i have a 1992 gmc 1500 serria with a 350 v8 5.7 in it. i recently did a oil change lately it was running great. last night i was driving it and when i would come to a stop in traffic the oil pressure would go down and the check engine light would flicker on and off. but when i drove it was fine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

if this just started happening after the oil change..replace the oil filter again although it is may have collapsed on the inside.restricting oil pressure

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi there i forgot to add that i would check the oil and it said was good to. but anyways i did what u said took it for a rip the oil pressure would still go down at the a red light but not enough to make the light flicker pretty close though.i know that oil pressure goes up and down when ur driving and in ideling it goes down. ive taken it on 2 pretty good rips today and so far its just done that. i hoping thats all that it was.ill let u know later thx for the help

you are welcome

thanks for using justanswer