Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

1996 chevy impala ss: delco..crankshaft position sensor,spark plugs

Customer Question

I have a 1996 chevy impala ss and the obd II I have continued to get is the P1371...previously I have replaced the distributor and it took care of the problem...well I have gone through 3 distributors in 5 months....so I figured it was the after market distributors were not up to par....so I just purchased a 600 dollar a/c delco distributor and now I am still have that error code come out and car dies...I have also replaced the crankshaft position sensor,spark plugs and the wires...So I guess my question in what else could that error code mean..P1371 4X reference too few pulses. what else could I check or replace or is it the distributor again?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
This either means you have a wiring problem or the pcm is bad.