Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1995 chev S10 pickup- problem ,heater temp control on cold

1995 chev S10 pickup- problem ,heater temp control on cold has good air flow on hot air flow drops to about 30%, also flow direction doesn't seem to move off of defrost. Have already replaced the control switches. what would you suggest?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

this sounds as if you have a bad tempeture vacuum actuator..the diaphragm will bust in these sometimes

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Center Outlet Duct and Defroster Valve Vacuum Actuators Replace

REMOVE OR DISCONNECT

1. Instrument panel.
  2. Vacuum hose connector at the center outlet duct actuator and/or defroster valve actuator.
    • Disconnect the vacuum hose connector by sliding the tab of the connector past the L-shaped bend in the actuator vacuum tube. Then slide the hose connector off the tube while continuing to hold the tab back against the connector end.
  1. Center outlet duct actuator and/or defroster valve actuator, if necessary.
    • Disconnect the linkage from the actuator.

INSTALL OR CONNECT

1. Center outlet duct actuator and/or defroster valve actuator, if removed.
    • Connect the linkage to the actuator.
  1. Vacuum hose connector(s).
    1. Install the black hose to the center outlet duct actuator and/or the black/tan hose to the defroster valve actuator.
    2. Connect the vacuum hose connector by bending the tab of the connector back flush against the end of the connector and holding it there while slipping the tab and the connector onto the vacuum actuator tube. When the connector is fully seated, pull the tab over the L-shaped bend in the tube to hold the connector in place.
  1. Instrument panel.

Lower Mode & Upper Mode Door Vacuum Actuator
Component Locations
icon_note_blank.gif Notes Vacuum Harness

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you are referencing the center outlet duct actuator, the image does not show it or is it named differently?