JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

2007 chevy suburban: Firestone says the front end is aligned to spec

I have a 2007 chevy suburban. The front tires on 4 sets of tires keep getting excessive wear on the inside edge. Firestone says the front end is aligned to spec and that they cannot take it out spec to possibly correct the problem.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 7 years ago.
did they give you a alignment print out? to show actual settings and factory specs? How quick does the tire wear occur?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont have the print out but all i remember seeing was the variance value from what is acceptable. The tires show wear after about 5k miles...
They may have a issue withe there alignment machine or they may be skipping the cambe caster sweep which is liklely the issue. There are two ways to do alignments the correct way and the cheating quick way. I would make sure they check ride height and make sure they measure camber and caster. Its likley the alignment sjop doing the work incorrectly
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Has there been any updated spec from GM for this vehicle that maybe the repair shop does not have.
2 orXXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
XXXXX
here ya gographic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks...i will try one more time and will make sure these are the setting they are working toward...