Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

My 1988 chevy truck is not starting it is turning over, I

My 1988 chevy truck is not starting it is turning over, I have checked the fuel pump and it is getting plenty of pressure, I have change the fuel filter, I have changed the fuel line... But it seems like it is still not getting fuel. Do you have any suggestions on what the problem may be????
Submitted: 4 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Is it a throttle body? Can you see the injectors spraying any fuel while cranking? Can you hear the injectors clicking while cranking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no it is not injecting any fuel at all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no it is not injecting any fuel at all... Do the 88 chevy trucks 350 had an oil pressure for the fuel tank??? And if so how do you check it

thank you

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Ok, can you at least hear the injectors clicking? Check the ECM fuse 10A. Check for voltage to the injectors with key on run at white wire and red wire.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Here is the diagram, click here. Check the ECM B fuse 10A also. Yes it has an oil pressure gauge that when the engine is cranked over enough to build up enough oil pressure than that will run the fuel pump. Usually it will take a long time cranking for the engine to start. You could check the orange wire going to the oil switch for power and then the gray wire coming from the switch to the fuel pump relay. You said you had plenty of fuel pressure, so i assumed the fuel pump was running with the key on and the problem was at the injectors.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.

If you have power feed to both fuel injectors than you may need a noid light to test the ground circuits which are actually turned on and off by the ecm/pcm or it's drivers to determine if the problem is with the injector circuit within the ecm/pcm or if in fact if you do get a positive noid light test then the fuel injectors are most likely just clogged.

Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you please tell me how to check the fuel pressure gage

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
Are you asking about a fuel pressure tester or the fuel level gauge?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Um I am not sure can you send me both of them?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure what you are asking for. A fuel pressure tester is a tool. The gas level gauge tells you how much gas is in the tank.