cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech

I need the torque specs and sequence for the upper plenum on

I need the torque specs and sequence for the upper plenum on a 1996 Vin X 4.3 V6 that is in my 96 S10 2wd PU
there is no sequence on this just torque specs first pass is 44 inch pounds the second pass is 89 inch pounds
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Going by feel that seems like too much torque for these small bolts in the aluminum intake. are you sure this is for the "X" code motors? I saw those specs for the W and Z motors, but have nt been able to find a specific listing for the X motors which makes me wonder if they are different. I can't afford to strip these out or break them.

this is the correct specs for the x motor i have included the screen shot from my software you need to make sure you are using inch pounds not foot lbs