Matt D
Matt D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Undercar Specialist,
31047546

i have 98 s10 blazer can not get any presure to back brakes

Customer Question

i have 98 s10 blazer can not get any presure to back brakes have put 2 master cylenders on still not enough presureto push out calapers
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Anthony replied 4 years ago.

Hello cowboy56d1. Welcome to justanswer!

Are you using new or rebuilt master cylinders?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
new
Expert:  Matt D replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Have you bench bleed the master cylinder.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i put 2 in master cylenders bench bled both of them still no presure to rear brakes
Expert:  Matt D replied 4 years ago.
There is a fitting on the rear end that splits off to the wheels. Open this line and have someone push the brake pedal to see if you are getting brake fluid to the rearend. If you do have fluid, Next open the bleeder screw at the wheel cylinder and pump the brakes. If you have fluid there then it's bad wheel cylinder's. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have and keep me updated on what you find on your Blazer. Matt
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have checked every thing flushed out lines to rear replaced calipers still not enough presure to push calipers . have narowed it down to no presure going through abs mod was told you can bleed the abs but have to take to a certified shop to do this is this true
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Matt D replied 4 years ago.
No this is one of the trucks you can bleed your self. I will attach the exact procedure. Some require the use of a scan tool to open the passages of the abs module. The bleeding procedures says it is not needed in this case. CLICK HERE for procedure. Matt
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
used A VACUME BLEEDER went through all the presedures as lined out in diogram still no presure to rear
Expert:  Matt D replied 4 years ago.
I have found an updated bleeding procedure that says you need a scan tool to open the ports for the bleed procedure. I am sorry that i did not catch that the first time. So more then likely you will need to take it to a shop or call a moble mechanic that may have the tool. Another option is a locksmith they have the same tool to reprogram keys as you need to open the ports. Matt