ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

My 2006 Chevy Cobalt is showing a PO326 code. I had the knock

Customer Question

My 2006 Chevy Cobalt is showing a PO326 code. I had the knock sensor replaced, but the engine light and code still come up. Also, poor fuel milage and loss of power. Help! Could this be under extended warrantee? (I hope)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
If you have purchased a extended warranty I would check with them first I would not know if the knock sensor would be covered. In any case some testing would need to be done to determine if this is a wiring or possibly a computer problem or some other problem with the engine causing the knock sensor code. This may be fixed with a simple computer re flash/reprogram but not usually if there are running problems.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

well, this doesn't really tell me anything

Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
I could not tell you what the problem is without some testing so I just listed some things that are possible causes. If you have a scan tool and a way to do some electrical testing I may be able to help you figure this out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wish....I'm not a mechanic, nor do I have the tools. I am worried about having to pay a ton of money to Chevrolet to fix this crappy little car, when all I want to do is get it paid off so I can get rid of it asap.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
Many people that ask questions here really are only looking for possible causes of there problems so they can be informed about the possible repairs, but as I stated earlier for this problem I really can not tell you what the problem is without testing.