BOBBYSS, Master Technician

What should the average cost to replace outer tire rods ends

What should the average cost to replace outer tire rods ends assembly and axel boots or cv boots and winshild wiper motors?
HelloCustomer are you looking for a part and labor price?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes to estimate if the dealership is quoting too much for those repairs
Okay. For the outer tie rode ends you are typically looking at about $120 per tie rod with about $75 each for labor. You will need an alignment also. THe cv boots are typically going to cost about $200 each. The wiper motor for the front costs about $400 to have replaced. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

you are on target for the tie rod ends. Now the cv boots @ 200 are you including labor?

Yes I am. It is possible that they are charging more. This is what they should charge for the boots, but I have seen this come out as much as $300-400. If that is the case you can have the entire axle replaced by an independent shop for less.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are charging 608 for the cv boots. 325 for the tire rod and 265 for washer pumps.
Is this the price for both or one tie rod? You can get a much better price for cv boots at an independent shop. As for the washer pump, this is pretty average. The previous price I gave you was for the wiper motor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is for both. Sooo... I plan to negociate the price now. But, how do you recommend I handle the cv boot price if they do not negociate. Because it in right as we speak sitting at the dealership service yard.
I would ask them how much to replace the alxe. You can typically purchase new axles for this vehicle for about $150. So I would try negotiating it. It calls for a couple of hours of labor which should be about $175 for labor and the boots should only cost about $30 each.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
BobbySS thank you so much for the guidance I've learned lots between surfing and comfirming with you. Wish you were in Bakersfield, Ca I would take the vehicle to you.
No problem. I would work on them as these prices are high. You should be able to get a better price especially if they want the business. If you need anything else let me know.