Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe. The check engine light came on

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe. The check engine light came on a couple of days ago. I read that it may be because the gas cap was not on tightly. I checked. It was on just fine. Then I stated to think maybe it was because the fuel was so low. I added about $35.00 of gas and the check engine light went off. I was so excited that it was gone. And came back on today. I still have plenty of fuel. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.

if the engine light is on..there are code/codes stored in the will need to scan the computer with an obd2 scanner to get the codes..if you don't have a scanner,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the codes for free..these codes will give a clue to the problem

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP