John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician
6408229

2002 chevrolet impala: i reset the message center..stereo

how do i reset the message center on a 2002 chevrolet impala if i dont have the original stock stereo?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

You can reset the AVG ECON, FUEL USED or AVG SPEED trip computer modes by pressing and holding the RESET button for three seconds while you are in the mode you wish to reset. A chime will sound to confirm that your requested change has been made and all the segments of the display will briefly light up. To change the display to a metric or English reading, press the RESET and MODE buttons at the same time. Hold them down for three seconds, and the display will change. A chime will be heard to confirm the new selection. The DIC will send a class 2 message to the IPC to change the units displayed in the odometer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
im talking about the message center that tells me when i need an oil change, have low tire pressure, or low coolent level. but i dont have the original stereo and all those buttons i want to know if theres a way to reset it without the original stereo?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Here is the change oil reset.

The reset for low coolant is to fill the coolant level.If light is still on,you have a problem with the sensor or system.

Low Tire Reset

Tire Pressure Monitor Procedure

Important: There are 3 different ways to reset the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system. After resetting, the TPM system requires up to 30 minutes of straight line driving in each of the 3 speed ranges to complete the calibration process,Adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

1. Cycle the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 3 times within 5 seconds.
  2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the TPM DTC.

1. Adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON, with the engine OFF.
  2. Turn the radio OFF.
  3. Press and hold the DISP button until SETTINGS is displayed.
  4. Press the SEEK up or down arrows until TIRE MON is displayed.
  5. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the sub menu. RESET will be displayed.
  6. Press the DISP button, A chime will sound and DONE will be displayed.
  7. Scroll until EXIT is displayed.
  8. Press the DISP button to exit the TPM reset mode. A chime will sound to verify exit.
  9. Use the scan tool in order to clear the TPM DTC.

1. Adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi. Install the scan tool.
  2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. With the scan tool select Special Functions.
  4. Select TIM Reset.
  5. Press the Reset soft key.
  6. Use the scan tool in order to clear the TPM DTC.
Experience: A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician