Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2004 gmc envoy 6cly Pulled codes, p0014, po016, p0106. oil

2004 gmc envoy 6cly Pulled codes, p0014, po016, p0106. oil is 3qt low, and was not changed in 20k mile, and is thick, think that might be the sorce of code poo14,p0016/ any input on the rest
I agree that the 2 codes are because of the low oil. If the oil is thick I'd consider doing an engine flush then removing oil pan to clean pickup tube. Also the oil should just not go low so your either burning or leaking oil. P0106 is almost always caused by a dirty throttle body so give that a good cleaning. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if i clean the throttle body and reset the light, and comes back on the same code, could it be a map sensor, should look there

You would want to make sure you have good engine vacuum and no wiring problems....If those are both good then the map sensor is the likely problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the answer, i am a ten year tech, but have not looked at a car in 7 years, feel a little lost, the newer stuff. i have one more question, about same car, i am going to accept your ans. you want me to repost a another Question...?
Even good techs have problems if they dont have the right information or experience with a specific problem. I have no problem answering another question so let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have you seen problems with dash gauges, not working right, like the speed read ing 30 and your idle,but does move or the tach moves but pegged above 7000, i though the cluster might be bad
You are correct that is a problem with the cluster which is common on these vehicles. I believe GM has an extended warranty where they will cover the cost of the cluster and you just pay for the installation costs which is around $150. I'd call the local dealership and ask them about it, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cool, thanks for the answer....accepting your answer nowCool
I'm happy I was able to help, let me know if you run into problems. Thanks.