ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

1997 CHEVROLET: STUMBLES..MISSES..POWER ON A HILL CLIMB...THROTTLE

1997 CHEVROLET 454 VORTEC STUMBLES OR MISSES AND LOOSES POWER WHEN ENGINE IS HOT AND CALLING FOR POWER ON A HILL CLIMB. OK AT LOW THROTTLE SETTINGS AND USUALLY OK WHEN ENGINE IS COLD. STARTING AND IDLE OK.
I would check the fuel pressure to start, do this when the problem is happening. If the pressure is low the fuel pump is most likely the problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

zzdaryl

sorry for not mentioning that i had the tank dropped and the in tank pump replaced.

also replaced the inline filter. this plus all the other listed items have not made any difference. also had a muffler shop chek out the two cats. i am totally lost.

i also tried in tank fuel injector cleaner. iam thinking about replacing the maf or the throttle position sensor next. what do you think.

Customer/p>
The MAF would be more likely than the TPS, but I would still find out what the fuel pressure is just to be sure there is not a fuel pressure regulator problem. What did the muffler shop say about the converters? How did they test them?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

zzdaryl

i keep getting a gateway timedout when i send my response to you

Sorry the site can become unstable at times the engineers are working on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

zzdaryl

ill try again

fuel pressure was tested prior to the in tank pump replacement and no change occured.

the cats inlet pipe were cut open an a visual inspection was accomp. by the muffler shop. said they looked ok.

a snapon computer was connected to the system prior to there driving it an nothing registered

where are the injectors and fuel regulator located on this engine. under the intake manifold?

also changed the iginition control module.

Yes the injectors and the regulator is under the upper intake. I have to say that a visual inspection of the converters really will not tell you much these usually fail within the converter, to test these the back pressure would need to be checked.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

zzdaryl

thanks for your help

i will have the cats tested with a back pressure check and replace the maf. if i ever get it fixed i will let you know.

Customer/p>
Ok, thanks for using JustAnswer and good luck with the repair