ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

98 chev blazer 4x4 wanders all over the road, alighned 3 times

98 chev blazer 4x4 wanders all over the road, alighned 3 times at different places, no help. steering parts look good. has memory steer, turn wheel to the left, pulls left, turn to the right, pulls right. hit bumps, no problem. windy, better let the car sit
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
The problem is most likely the steering box, it is very difficult/impossible to get these adjusted correctly if they are loose. There is only one adjustment and there two gears in the steering box and most of the time adjusting the one adjuster makes the problem worse. Really the only fix is replacement of the steering box (all this is assuming there are no loose or binding parts, good alignment and tires)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the last alighnment they gave me a paper on the specs. both the front wheels are tilted rearward but at the end of the scale
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
Can you list the specs? just the camber caster and toe? Also the rear toe is it is shown.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that paper is unavailable to me right now
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
It probably is not the problem any way the problem is most likely the steering box as described earlier, the alignment would need to be way off for it to cause this problem. I have been doing alignments for 25 years so I have seen this many times and the alignment never causes this kind of problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know of two other blazers with the same problem. Same year. Could there be anouther cause or maybe this is an ongoing problem with these cars
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is a very common problem on this vehicle, the cause is usually the steering box.