Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 93 chevy s10 pickup 2 wheel drive. Have clutch problem.

I have a 93 chevy s10 pickupXXXXX Have clutch problem. Peddle goes to the floor very easy. Clutch will not engage. Its like the clutch is pushed in all the time. See no leaks and fluid is full. What could this be? Thanks, David

This is due to an internal bypass in the clutch master cylinder. This simply means that the internal seal in the clutch master cylinder is allowing pressure to bypass it and thus no pressure being sent down the hydraulic line to the slave cylinder to engage it. Replacing the clutch master cylinder will correct the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is what I thought. Thanks, David

You are welcome and have a great day

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey: I replaced the master cylinder and still not working. I removed inspection plate and slave is moving over a 1/2 in. Will not engage. What do you think? Thanks, David
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I tried what he suggested, but it still does not work. I replied to him but got no responce. Thanks.
I tried what he suggested, but it still does not work. I replied to him but got no responce. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.